News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I love tour

Sometimes I feel like I live a week in a day.

Each day begins with waking up, most of the time well before I'd like to, and squeezing my bag and guitar back in to the '87 VW Golf my friend Aaron lent me for the West Coast portion of the tour.

Some days are the best days of my life. Some are a bit of a struggle. I just realized that what I'm doing, is actually kind of crazy!

I'm Touring, Canada, Alone, In January, In An '87 Golf.

Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way :)

The last few days have been amazing...My man flew in to Nanton, AB and surprised me on my birthday! It has been incredible having him as a co-pilot (and pilot lol). He's so helpful, generous and thoughtful...I can't imagine life without him and it was such a treat to have a big strong good looking man help me carry things in to venues!

I had a ten hour drive and 4 hours of sleep when I arrived to Nanton on my "Birthday Eve". I got up to my room, an adorable old-timey suite at the top of the Auditorium Hotel, and couldn't figure out how to use the hundred year old heater. I slumped on to the bed in exhaustion and pulled the blankets over my head. Randy called. I proceeded to tell him how much I missed him, and how much I wished he were beside me. Then there was a knock on my door.

"hold on, I think there's someone at my door.."

I opened it, and there he was!!! :D

I jumped in to his arms and started bawling my eyes out. What a sweet sweet man. He flew from L.A. to Nanton to surprise me on my birthday. I got him for 3 more days until I had to drop him off at the Calgary airport to fly to Toronto and play with Chantal Kreviazuk. We had an amazing time driving around and going on a super fun road trip that just happened to consist of shows every night! :D

Randy used to play with Edwin from I Mother Earth and he just happened to be in Medicine Hat with ex-Our Lady Peace guitarist Mike Turner on a radio tour for their new band Crash Karma. It was pretty random when they walked in to the Derailed Pub, and even more random when we found out they'd eaten at the same Mucho Burrito we had....and Randy was the one who'd stolen the last of the mole sauce! :O Edwin was pissed lol

Last night I played the Olds Sportplex then raced over to Tracks Pub (where I'm playing tonight) to do a surprise couple of songs. This morning I was up early to do a few tunes at Rock 104.5. I'm really looking forward to the show tonight...the guys at Tracks are really awesome. If you're a band looking to play around Alberta, I'd highly recommend them.

Tomorrow it's a nice 9 hour drive to Kamloops, a radio interview at 6 then I play the Dirty Jersey.

I love tour :)

1 View / Post Comments:

~Sara~ said...

Awe, Randy is the bestest. :D

Happy belated birthday too.