News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Lil Sumthin About My Lil Ol Video

A friend of mine checked out the new video for These City Lights and said

The video looks fantastic, I just feel lost on the concept. (which is all me, I'm sure of it) haha It's like I'm singing all the wrong words again. I still love it and I'm showing it to all my friends ♥

Fist of all, very nice way to ask a question. Oh why can't we all be so kind!

The video is not really a "concept" video. There is no plot, time line, story to follow or script. Once again we began with an idea of what we were not/what we did not want to do, and ended with what we are.

The purpose of the contrasting characters is to portray just that...the contrast in society, sobriety, reality, dreamscapes and city scapes. At the end of the day it's just me, and I'm just me, but I'm living in two different worlds. If these two characters were not me, would you perceive them differently? Would you, perchance, judge them?

Although they live in separate universes, they have some similarities. Sure, they're both me. More importantly though, there is some heartbreak in there in both of them. And at the end of the day, isn't there a little bit of heartbreak in all of us?

From islands apart we see the debutante and transient are actually very similar. Perhaps they are identical. And in our struggles and times of triumph alike, perhaps we all are.

1 View / Post Comments:

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I thought I got it...Now that I've read this, I'm glad to know I got it correctly.

I sent it to my wife today, and she spread it around the office...It's great.