News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Music Video?

In case ya didn't know it, awhile back I shot a music vid with some pals.

I spent the first day covered in real and fake dirt, the first part of the second day in a dress with my hair and makeup all done up, and then the last part of the second day in real and fake dirt again.

Although I wasn't in full wardrobe, I had mixed feelings while on the skytrain home after the shoot. I still had real and fake dirt in my hair, on my face and on my hands and under my nails.

It had been about 15 years since I was covered in only real dirt, riding the skytrain trying to kill some time cause it was cold and I didn't know where to sleep. Although I didn't spend too many nights like this (I tried to have a tentative "plan" more often than not...a friend, a neighbour, a relative...anything), there were a couple times I slept under a slide, in a park or in an unlocked car (it was raining). I remember being so pissed at Avril Lavigne when I saw that video where she's in the pouring rain trying to get into a car. I remember thinking "You bitch! I've actually done that!" Anyway...I digress...

Whilst on said skytrain, you'd be surprised how different people act around you when you're covered in makeup that's supposed to make you look like a transient vagabond. Youre no longer an invisible commuter on the skytrain. Suddenly, everyone is AFRAID. They're afraid of you, and whether they say or do anything to suggest it, you can just FEEL it. I could have tried to tell anyone I was homeless, "Listen, don't worry! I'm actually a perfectly nice person PRETENDING to be homeless! You'll never believe it...I actually shot a music video today and this dirt on my face and under my nails isn't even real!!!"

Do you think they'd believe me?

There have been some mixed feelings about whether or not the "concept" of the vid suits the song...I leave that for you to judge. Feel free to leave a comment as well as check out my blog on the subject.

Well, here it be:

1 View / Post Comments:

Padma said...

I think it works great. Quite simple and understated and your personality comes out in it nicely. Glad to hear the dirt is only fake these days. Padma x