News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Question One

This question hot off the press courtesy of THE BEEZE:

I've got a question, or two...

What is your favorite song of all time?

Who are your biggest musical influences?


ALL TIME!?!?!?

I ONLY GET ONE!?!?!?

gosh.

Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen. I have listened to it about a million times.
Other tunes on the all time top listening list include:
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band
Joleen - Ray Lamontagne
Oh My God, Whatever, Etc - Ryan Adams (actually, everything by Ryan Adams)

Biggest musical influences? Hmmm. Much the same of the all time favourite song list... The Band, Neil Young, Dylan, Springsteen, Kathleen Edwards, Ray Lamontagne and Ryan Adams for sure. Musically, that is ;)

Random Fact 15: I hate listening to my own music. In fact, I can't even be in the same room with someone if my music is playing. This includes recording. I'm incredibly shy.

3 View / Post Comments:

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Very cool...Thanks!

Zimmy said...

-- yo!
-- you seemed to be raving a lot about this dude, ryan adams, who i had never heard but had read about from time to time. so i checked him out on myspace.
-- HoLy CraP!! is he ever good. the songs are short & mostly funny & each one is listenable in its own special way. each one is like a delicious chocolate candy & you can't stop eating them.
-- this stuff reminds me of three bands: mostly the dead milkmen. but also, very much the rheostatics & certainly, the butthole surfers. you might like the dead milkmen a lot if you've never heard them. i'm guessing you've heard of the other two.
-- this dude, ryan adams, seems to be able to do pretty much every genre, from folk to grindcore metal & rap. thankyou for raving about this weirdo.

billythekid said...

haha yes it's true...he's hilarious :) The stuff on his myspace isn't on any of his albums, of which there are like 12. I think his sense of humour keeps him occupied with making that kind of stuff. My favourite albums of his are Easy Tiger, Love Is Hell and Heartbreaker. Sample some of his stuff on iTunes...maybe you'll like! :)