News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Deal

The guy from Matchbox 20 is in the studio right now. Randy's tracking drums in the room beside our bed. I can hear everything they're talking about haha.

Last night we had a celebration dinner. It started with beet tartare (beets on a soft crumbly cashew "goat" cheese), was followed by vegan mac and cheese, vegan chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and then vegan bananas foster. Oh and an amazing bottle of Pinot Noir. It was a celebration.

It was a celebration because yesterday I had this really awesome meeting that I'm pretty sure is going to amount to my stuff being in more T.V. shows and movies. I'm supposed to get a contract in my inbox today and then...we wait :)

If you're a songwriter this kind of thing is a huge huge deal and I'll tell you why...getting a song you wrote in a hit T.V. show is a major opportunity, especially in this silly world where labels don't exist and no one is helping anyone anymore. I been perfectly happy with remaining independent but this sort of licensing deal truly is a dream come true, and something that I have wanted for my whole life.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled folks...you may just hear some of my songs in your fav. show one day ;)

Taken while driving to the meeting that could change my life:



Little Known Billy Fact Day 6: In grade two I read over 900 books in less than a year. I got a shirt that says "I read over 700 books" cause they had no idea what number I would be at by the time they printed the shirts. To this day I feel ripped off ;)

6 View / Post Comments:

MYKILL said...

AWESOME!!!
Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna have to start watching tv again

Adrienne said...

cool. congratulations. i love your blog.

Ryan Dickson said...

That's great Billy! CONGRATS! :D

JTK.CA@TadCreations.com said...

You read 900 books! In just one year of school? I'm blown away!

I read all the novels assigned in grade 8. From grade 9 to now (age 41), I think I've completed 1 autobiography and 1 novel. That's it. I'm a slow reader with a short attention span. That's why I write poems, not novels.

Love,

Tad (JTK.CA)
http://NudistPoet.com

billythekid said...

Thanks guys :)