News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes, life is great.

Isn't it? Isn't life the most unbelievable concept?

Sometimes it seems like life is a sham. On those days it's best to remind yourself that just when it seems like it couldn't get any worse, it always can. And chances are, if you're reading this from a computer (whether it's yours or not), your life is waaaayyyy better than about 89% of the population. This statistic is fact and I did not make it up.

Lately, life is doing just fine over here. See, I'm back in California, and there's just nothing that can bring me down when it is this terribly sunny! Please do not hate me if you are reading this from Canada. I grew up there and it will always be my home but jeeeeeezus enough with the cold already!

Here are a few pics of where I live when I am here:







Here's the studio we live in the back of:



Today we took the Big Black Beast to Johnny Mead's and I watched Randy track some drums for a new artist he's producing. I really like "Take Your Girlfriend to Work Day" :) I nerded out and took a ton of pictures and video. I love watching Randy play drums it's about the best thing in the world as far as I'm concerned. I loved it before we were together and I'll love it for the rest of my days for sure.





Little Known Fact About Me Day Three:

I completed 2 years of University at UCFV in Abbotsford, British Columbia with the intention of becoming a high school teacher and changing people's lives on a daily basis. I stopped going because I got a job at Long and McQuade, was interning at Sudden Death Records (D.O.A.'s label) and playing tons with my political punk band The Blue Collar Bullets. There are still days when I wonder if this was the best decision ;)

4 View / Post Comments:

Taylor Jackson said...

:)!

Eff. I miss Cali.

Jeff B said...

well seeing how I dig your music I say it was the right call....that being said I am currently in University to become an elementary school teacher to remind kids that learning and school are fun!

Mr. Nickerson said...

Billy, I teach, and it's folks like you, and your music that get me through the day sometimes...not that it's always hard, but in many ways, it's the same as what you do on a stage...sometimes sustaining that for a few hours at a time can be draining, and rock n' roll (does anyone even use that term anymore?) is the ultimate energizer.

Thanks for what you do!

billythekid said...

what a totally awesome compliment...*beam* :)