News Tour About Media Store Contact Friends Billy's Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Gearing Up

Guy from Five For Fighting is recording in the studio right now. He just came out and said hi...nice guy.

I'm sitting in the backyard contemplating arrangements and lyrics for upcoming tunes. These upcoming tunes are actually old tunes that I've put on hold for the last year as I focused on creating and releasing my first solo album The Lost Cause. I'll always have rock in my blood...and I'll always have those folk-y slow songs comin' out of me too. I like doing both things. Actually, I like doing lots of things. My mind wanders easily and the more I have on my plate the less time I have to be distracted.

Tomorrow I start finishing the new Billy and the Lost Boys album. Don't get me wrong, it's a long way away for even being CLOSE to done, but at least I'll begin the last of the vocals and guitar of the first batch of tunes. Then we'll start drums etc. for the next batch. I'm planning to spend most of my summer doing this (or at least whenever the studio is free) and I'm hoping that by the time I go back to Canada I'll have something to consider releasing.

I also have to start working on an exclusive track for the Swim Drink Fish Music people who so kindly asked to include me in their next compilation CD (past/present contributors include Broken Social Scene, Bruce Cockburn, Gord Downie, Pete Seeger, Stars, Sarah Harmer, Great Lake Swimmers and Wintersleep).

Then it's off to Raine's to finish mixing the rest of the songs on his had drive from the last time I was in town. I cannot begin to express how much I am looking forward to doing something, ANYThing even closely related to music. After I got back from that tour in March I've barely played a single note let alone a show. Anyway...here's to the future :)

It Is Highly Unlikely That Anyone Knows The Following Day 10: When I was a kid I was in Tae Kwon Do and was the only person to ever "skip" a whole belt. I went from green right to red. Did that make me any more of a superb ninja? No.

4 View / Post Comments:

MYKILL said...

Hi Billy!!

billythekid said...

Yaaay! :D

Anonymous said...

Your lyrics kill billy! Can't wait fer more. J!

Unknown said...

I don't believe you... you are a super ninja. ADMIT IT!